[rules-users] no-loop & lock-on-active clarification

techy techluver007 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 12:53:15 EST 2008

Thanks Greg.

>As for lock-on-active, it should be used in conjunction with a
ruleflow-group or agenda-group.  It's >basically no-loop for the entire
group, as I understand it.  I don't see either a ruleflow-group or
>agenda-group defined for those rules.  Did you do that?
- no. I'm not using a ruleflow-group or agenda-group.
1. Even if I dont use agenda-group explicitly, all rules are in "main"
agenda group right. shouldn't we use lock-on-active without explicit
agenda-group or rule-flow group?

I can understand result #1 & #2.

It would be nice if some one clarify result # 3 & #4 of my example. here
both rules have 'update'.

> 3. when lock-on-active for rule "1 precondition" and no-loop for rule "1
> main condition" used, both rule got fired correctly.
> 4. when lock-on-active for rule "1 maincondition" and no-loop for rule "1
> precondition" used, only rule "1 , then only precondition" got executed
> for  all facts.

Thanks again!