[rules-users] top n - accumulate function parameters

Evans, Jess JEvans at collegeboard.org
Tue Nov 11 15:01:10 EST 2008

I'm trying to average top N items.  I can of course collect the items
and do the rest in the consequence, but thought it might be a scenario
applicable to a custom accumulate function.  However, the accumulate
function interface methods only take one parameter.  If I were to
declare a function top(N, things) within an accumulate call would drools
autobox the parameters into some sort of collection?

Maybe this is a naive solution anyway.  I am still learning to think
declaratively.

cheers,

-Jess