[rules-users] PackageBuilderConfigurations and RuleFlows Drools 5

keithnielsen keithnielsen at discover.com
Wed Nov 19 10:30:26 EST 2008

I have the following code:

PackageBuilder packageBuilder = null;
properties.setProperty( "drools.dialect.java.compiler","JANINO" );
PackageBuilderConfiguration cfg = new PackageBuilderConfiguration(
properties );
//error was thrown here complaining about JDT Core not being on classpath
prior to me creating
//configuration and adding Janino jar file to classpath of the plug-in
packageBuilder = new PackageBuilder(cfg);

.
.
.
packageBuilder.addRuleFlow(source);

I receive the "The Eclipse JDT Core jar is not in the classpath" error
message.
I was wondering why since I had created a PackageBuilderConfiguration and
added it to the packagebuilder.
Stepping through the code it appears that the call stack looks like the
following:

packageBuilder.addRuleFlow(source);
ProcessBuilder.addProcessFromFile(.....);
PackageBuilderConfiguration.init(....);

Question is why is the ProcessBuilder not using the
PackageBuilderConfiguration created previously and set on the package
builder and instead creating a new instance? I don't have anywhere to
configure the ProcessBuilder since this is internal to the call on the
packageBuilder.addRuleFlow

Thanks