[rules-users] Firing Rules Before Fact Insertion - Design Questions

keithnielsen keithnielsen at discover.com
Wed Nov 19 18:41:50 EST 2008

I am trying to accomplish a couple of things:

1) I want to fire all rules and then have the rules constantly being
evaluated as facts are created,updated, and deleted, i.e. there are
situations where its not feasible to have all the facts inserted upfront
before firing all rules.

2) Once a rule has fired once, I want for it to be able to fire again when
the application inserts facts that warrant it. I understand the no-loop
construct but these would be facts inserted by the application and not
necessarily by other rules. I don't want to always have to refire the rules
via session.fireAllRules

Any ideas whether this is feasible/advisable?