[rules-users] What's more efficient?

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Fri Nov 21 18:06:01 EST 2008

   Most of the time, Join will be better, specially if it is an == join or
if you have many rules doing the same thing, because you get node sharing
between them.

   If it is a one rule thing, or if the domain is large, but you need only
part of the information, you may be better loading the information into the
rule on-demand, using from.

   []s
   Edson

2008/11/21 David Sinclair <dsinclair at chariotsolutions.com>

> I have a question regarding the performance of pattern matching. Is it more
> performant to use join nodes, or to use a from?
>
> For example. With joins I could write a rule like
>
> rule "Foo Join"
>     when
>         Foo($bar : bar != null)
>         Bar(this == $bar)