[rules-users] Oring conditions

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Sun Nov 30 10:03:36 EST 2008

   Are conditions 2-4 applied to the same pattern type? If so, you can use
the "||" Field Constraint Connective instead of the "or" Conditional
Element:

when
    Person( name  == "Bob" )
    Cheese( type == "brie" || size > 2 || price <= 30 )

    These conditions will not generate new rules as the OR CE does...

    []s
    Edson

2008/11/30 Waleed Zedan <wzedan at gmail.com>

> Hi All,
>
> I have this requirment : Rule A -> Condition 1 AND
>                                                 (Condition 2 OR
>                                                  Condition 3 OR
>                                                  Condition 4)
> The problem is that OR (||) operators in drools are not a short circuiting
> operators like in Java.
>
> May you please tell me an approach to handle this situation , i have
> already tried splitting it on multiple rules ,but i am searching for better
> approach.
>
> I am using Drools 4.0.7.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Best Regards,