[rules-users] Drools Boot Camp (Oct 16-21) and Texas Rules Fest goes bigger and better (Oct 22-24)

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Wed Sep 3 20:03:59 EDT 2008

http://blog.athico.com/2008/09/drools-boot-camp-and-texas-rules-fest.html
-------------
Due to large number of registrations the Texas Rules Fest has had to
move location from the Addison to the Sheraton Dallas:
http://www.rulesfest.org/OctoberRulesFest/Location.html

As a reminder entire Drools team will be at the *Dallas Rules Fest*,
<http://rulesfest.org/>this October 22nd to 24th. This is a *must
attend* non-profit event, with $150 registration fee, for hands on rule
training on a variety of products and disciplines with some top industry
speakers <http://rulesfestregistration.dallasrulesgroup.org/Speakers>
and a fantastic agenda
<http://rulesfestregistration.dallasrulesgroup.org/Agenda> - *just
stuff, not fluff* ;) Gary Riley will be there, author of the rules
"bible" Expert Systems
<http://www.allbookstores.com/book/9780534937447/Gary_Riley/Expert_Systems.html>,
talking about his rule engine the venerable Clips
<http://clipsrules.sourceforge.net/>. Charles Forgy, the inventor of
Rete and "father" of rule engines, will be there talking about his break
through research in parallel executing rule engines. Daniel Selman from
Ilog will be there giving tutorials on the ilog engine and tooling.

The organisers have asked me to remind everyone thinking of going to
register <http://www.rulesfest.org/OctoberRulesFest/Register.html>
sooner, rather than later, as they may actually sell out if the rate of
registrations continues.

Come Join the Week Long Drools Boot Camp
The Drools team will actually be arriving the week before, on the 15th,
for our team meeting which is open to all and starts official on the the
16th in the Best Western hotel
<http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=44540>
conference room. So if you want to chat rules in general or specifically
on your problems, or just get involved in some hard core programming,
please do come along. We will be staying at the Best Western hotel
<http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=44540>
which has rooms from just $69USD per night :)

So far we have Franklin America <https://www.franklinamerican.com/> and
German Aerospace <http://www.dlr.de/en/> joining us for the team meeting
and hard core Drools coding, still room for more :)