[rules-users] Drools returns the duplicated results with 'OR' logical operator if both conditions are met.

Mohamed Riyaz riyazenayath at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 08:46:04 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have one more qurey on 'OR' logical operator for the following scenario:

I want the the boolen result from parent object which satisfies two
different condition sets with child objects. I made the rule which is
generated duplicated

results if both conditions are satisfied.

rule "test"
when
order: Order

(

   exists ( condition-1 with child objects)

   or

   exists (condition-2 with child objects)

)

then

    SOP("order id "+order.getId());

result :

     order id 1000

     order id 1000

return the results in twice if both the conditions (cond-1 & cond-2) are
satisfied. It just combine
both results and behaves like 'union all' instead of 'union' function.

Please provide me your suggestion on this.

regards,riyaz