[rules-users] looping problem

Shyam, Pallav (MSCIBARRA) Pallav.Shyam at mscibarra.com
Wed Sep 10 07:20:56 EDT 2008

Thomas,

Everytime you update a fact in the WM, it is matched against all the
rules. An activation is created for all such matching cases.

In your example whenever the fact is updated in Rule 2, two activations
are created, one for Rule 1 and one for Rule 2. Rule 2 doesn't get fired
because of no-loop clause.
A similar senario occurs when the fact is update in Rule1.

You may avoid looping by not updating the fact in the WM.

Pallav