[rules-users] looping problem

thomas kukofka thomaskukofka at web.de
Wed Sep 10 09:10:44 EDT 2008

Hello,

thanks for your quick reply.
I understand your explanation, but adding the *lock-on-active rule attribute
to rule 1 and 2 only results that none of these rules is executed.
What I want to be excuted for the values below:
*            TestObject io = new TestObject(TestObject.Type.INPUT);
            io.setDoublePropertyValue(TestObject.PARAMETER1, 0.2);

            TestObject io2 = new TestObject(TestObject.Type.INPUT);
            io2.setDoublePropertyValue(TestObject.PARAMETER1, 7.3);

            insert(io);
            insert(io2);
            fireallrules();

is:
*Rule Init
Rule 1
Rule 2
*
Best Regards
Thomas

*Hi,

Looking at the .drl file, rules 1,2 are updating objects that are part of
their conditions. That will loop even with no-loop set to true.

Look at lock-on-active rule attribute, which may solve your issue.

Best Regards,
Michal*