[rules-users] is this kind of App right for DROOLS?

Greg Barton greg_barton at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 15 18:06:23 EDT 2009

A more scalable solution may be this: load all transactions from site A, start the rule engine in a separate thread using fireUntilHalt, then start inserting the transactions from site B.  The rules should retract transactions that match up.  (This way ony roughly half of the transactions are in memory at any given time and you can scale twice as large.)  Once all B transactions have been inserted, what you have left are all trasnactions that haven't been able to match.  You can save them off and reload them if you want to attempt matching them in the next round of processing.