[rules-users] Drools 3.0.6 - Not able to execute more than one rule

Vir viral.raval at tcs.com
Sat Apr 18 01:14:26 EDT 2009

Hi All,

   I am new to drools.  I am using Drools 3.0.6.  When I execute just one
rule, it works fine.  But when I run the same file with 2 or more rules, at
runtime in console the SOPs stops at
org.apache.commons.jci.compilers.JaninoJavaCompiler - compiling
com.tcs.sgv.apps.requesthandler.services.Rule_Credit_Denied_0

  Same example works fine in Eclipse and both rules are executed, but my
constraints are jDeveloper, jdk1.4, OC4J.  Can someone help me out

Following is my .java file code

PackageBuilder builder = new PackageBuilder();
builder.addPackageFromDrl(new
InputStreamReader(CreditExample.class.getResourceAsStream("/abc.drl")));
RuleBase ruleBase = RuleBaseFactory.newRuleBase();
ruleBase.addPackage(builder.getPackage());
WorkingMemory workingMemory = ruleBase.newWorkingMemory();
Person child = new Person("Person 1", 15);
Person adult = new Person("Person 2", 25);
workingMemory.assertObject(adult);
workingMemory.assertObject(child);
workingMemory.fireAllRules();

Following is my .drl file

rule "Credit Allowed"
	when
		person:Person(age >= 18)
	then
		System.out.println("Credit allowed for " + person.getName());
end
rule "Credit Denied"
	when
		deniedPerson:Person(age < 18)
	then
		System.out.println("Credit denied for " + deniedPerson.getAge());
end

Thanks for any solution/replies
Regards
Vir