[rules-users] How can I configure who is an Admin in Guvnor?

Steve Ronderos steve.ronderos at ni.com
Fri Aug 7 17:01:48 EDT 2009

Hello Drools Users,

In the Guvnor Documentation (
http://downloads.jboss.com/drools/docs/5.0.1.26597.FINAL/drools-guvnor/html/ch01.html#d0e185
) it states that ". It is also possible (thanks to JAAS) to define what
users have the "admin" role for Guvnor (note that an Admin user of Guvnor
doesn't have to really be a system administrator). "  I wasn't sure if
this meant that there was a way to define Admins from within the Guvnor UI
or if it was possible to configure the admin role to read from an LDAP
group or some other JAAS method.

We are going to be deploying Guvnor to a production environment in the
near future, we want to take advantage of Role Based Authorization, we
want to start with an empty DB and we don't want to have to deploy with
Authorization off, set up roles and then turn it back on.

Is this possible? Or did I misinterpret the documentation?

Thanks,

Steve Ronderos