[rules-users] OSGI, classloading, and imports in KnowledgeBuilder

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Wed Aug 12 05:22:58 EDT 2009

> Can anyone sketch a setup so that I can use Drools from within an Eclipse
> plugin?
I've got it running. You need to make sure your classloaders are the
right ones.
I use the
new PackageBuilderConfiguration(Classloader, Properties)

ctor (if you're setting CL later, Properties may fail to apply) and

new RuleBaseConfiguration(Classloader)

respectively. I guess the knowledge-based apis have matching ctors. I
use the classloader of my project, which imports the needed drools
namespaces. That last part may need some time, but I's doable.

Cheers,

Simon