[rules-users] Drrols 5 Expert --> Sequential vs Inference

Greg Barton greg_barton at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 15 01:53:20 EDT 2009

Answering this question in any meaningful way without more information is difficult.  My first instinct is to wonder if the database calls really need to be done directly from the LHS of the rules, especially with this many of them.  I hope you're able to cache the database queries.

Anyway, in general, if you have that many rules it is usually best to keep them in a fashion that's easily manageable, and that's what RBMSs are for.  Apart from that it's hard to address your question without more information.  Are all of the 3500*0.9 rules evaluated for each input?  Can the data from the database be prefetched into working memory instead of fetched in each LHS?  How often does this fetched data change? There are many paths you could follow mattering on the answers to these questions and others.