[rules-users] OSGI, classloading, and imports in KnowledgeBuilder

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Sat Aug 15 16:50:01 EDT 2009

Mark Proctor wrote:
> We'd really like to improve out OSGi friendlyness. From getting Drools
> to work perfectly as an OSGi service, to getting our build system to
> publish all the necessary bundles. But we need people in the commnity to
> help us, you know where to find us if you want to help out, as we have
> so much other core stuff to do :)
> http://wwws.jboss.org/drools/irc.html
Good to know; I've got some bits up my sleeves.

FTR, the chained classloader approach forked fine for me, though I can't
recommend the one in the osgi blog article (it doesn't maintain order).
It allow drools usage without overgrown imports. You'll have to knock up
some trivial chained classloader though, but if you're in osgi this
seems to have utility anyway.