[rules-users] Can a rule be part of different rule flow groups

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Sun Aug 16 16:08:10 EDT 2009

Marc Dzaebel wrote:
> surya_n2007 wrote:
>
>> Can a rule be part of different rule flow groups. Is it possible as per
>> below example a rule can be part of RFG1,RFG2.Please explain how we can
>> share rules using version 4.0.7 and rule flows are used in our project.
>>
>> rule "GoodBye" ruleflow-group "RFG1" ruleflow-group "RFG2" no-loop true
>>         when ...
>>         then ...
>> end
>>

> Only one instance of the attributes salience, activation-group, agenda-group
> and ruleflow-group per rule is allowed. However, you can e.g. have different
> saliences per ruleflow-group. This is missing in the documentation.
>
> How and why would you like to share rules?

I'm still looking for valid reasons for this, before implementing it -
as there are many side effects that I'm sure users haven't thought of.
Further to that it adds more overhead, as instead of a single string I
then need to keep a list of Strings and search that list. Many users
would probably prefer I keep things light, before adding features
without proven use cases.

Mark