[rules-users] when condition on multiple facts of the same type

Justin King justin.matthew.king at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 21:24:22 EDT 2009

I'm trying to have a rule execute based on the following condition:

        ObligationComplianceEvent(term == "term 1", obligation ==
"obligation 1", level == 1)
        ObligationComplianceEvent(term == "term 2", obligation ==
"obligation 1", level == 1)

I pass in two facts of type ObligationComplianceEvent with the values shown
above but the rule does not execute. It only executes if I put an 'or' like
so

        ObligationComplianceEvent(term == "term 1", obligation ==
"obligation 1", level == 1) or
        ObligationComplianceEvent(term == "term 2", obligation ==
"obligation 1", level == 1)

Any help on what the correct way to do this is? I'm guessing its because it
does not distinguish the two lines as two different facts, so because
neither of the facts has the value 'term 1' and 'term 2' it never executes.

Thanks for any help.

Justin