[rules-users] Unique events / facts in working memory

Greg Barton greg_barton at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 18 00:06:24 EDT 2009

You need some comparable property in the singleton object that's monotonically increasing.  Then you can have a rule like the following that must be of higher salience than the rules you want to protect from duplicate singletons.  i.e.:

rule "EnforceOneSingleton"
	when
		oldSingleton : Singleton( $id : id, $version : version )
		newSingleton : Singleton( id == $id, version > $version)
	then
		System.out.println( "Retracting old Singleton " + oldSingleton.getId() + " version " + oldSingleton.getVersion());
		retract( oldSingleton );
end