[rules-users] Multiple approvals in a Drools Workflow Doubt

Kris Verlaenen kris.verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Tue Aug 18 08:56:16 EDT 2009

> So can you  tell me how to get the current instance Id of the process.
ProcessInstance processInstance = ksession.startProcess("myProcess");
long processInstanceId = processInstance.getId();

> How state is persisted in Drools workflow? Is Drools flow uses some
database to store the process instance Id to store the state of the
process like in JBPM?
Yes, the persistence is fully pluggable (meaning that you can run the
engine without any database behind it), but we provide a JPA-based
implementation for storing the state in any persistent store supported
by JPA.  For more info, check out the documentation:
https://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/job/drools/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/trunk/target/docs/drools-flow/html/ch05.html#d0e1479

Thx,
Kris