[rules-users] Maps in Drools

KDR dr.soprano at neverbox.com
Tue Aug 18 18:01:28 EDT 2009

Many thanks for your replies André and Edson. For some reason they hadn't
shown up on my computer before I posted my follow up info.

I'll download the updated jar and cross my fingers!

On the general issue, is it received wisdom that it's better not to insert
map objects direct, at least for now until map support is fully there - or
is it 6 of one / half a dozen?

André on your point below:

André Thieme-4 wrote:

> KDR schrieb:
>> I'd also need to test for null i.e. whether a key/value pair exists for a
>> given String as the key.
>
> This seems to be only true when you go the route that I go, namely using
> the default rule syntax, i.e., eval.

- I don't think I quite follow? If I need to check whether the key/value
pair exists for a particular String key i.e. whether the get(key) returns
null, is the only way to do that currently by using the eval?

Cheers and thanks again for the help.