[rules-users] Drools library - updating Drools jar

Pegram, Macon zmpegram at choosehmc.com
Thu Aug 20 12:16:53 EDT 2009

There's another way.....

In the Eclipse Plugin Preferences (Eclipse -> Preferences -> Drools ->
Installed Drools Runtime) you point to the location of the Drools
runtime you want to use.  If you swap out the MVEL file at the location
of your Drools Runtime it should pick up the right version of the MVEL.

You could also duplicate the jar files in that folder into a "Patch"
folder, replace the MVEL jar in the PATCH copy, and setup a "Patch
Drools Runtime" if you want to keep your original installation pristine.

You will likely need/want to bounce Eclipse for this to take effect.