[rules-users] DROOLS 4.0.7 Regular expression

Romain Van der Keilen Romain.VanderKeilen at uniway.be
Tue Aug 25 05:14:03 EDT 2009

Hi there,

I'm looking how to use regular expression with Drools 4.
I've already found some things but they don't work.

Here is an example I want to do, considering all getters and setters are properly written:

Class House
 + private Window myWindow
 + private Phone myPhone

Class Door
 + private String name

Class Phone
 + private String phoneNumber

Let's say in my country phone numbers are the following type: xx/xxx.xx.xx

If I give my house to the session, how can I check if the phone is correct? I've tryied this but that's not working:

rule "Check phone"
        when
                h : House ( phone: phone );
                eval ( phone != null );
                Phone ( phoneNumber matches "^ -regex- $");
        then
                System.out.println("my phone is correct");
End

Thanks for help,

Romain Van der Keilen