[rules-users] modify facts problem

Anstis, Michael (M.) manstis1 at ford.com
Thu Aug 27 10:39:50 EDT 2009

what version of Drools are you using?

________________________________

	From: rules-users-bounces at lists.jboss.org
[mailto:rules-users-bounces at lists.jboss.org] On Behalf Of Vikram
Pancholi
	Sent: 27 August 2009 15:30
	To: rules-users at lists.jboss.org
	Subject: [rules-users] modify facts problem

	Hi,
	  I am having problem about modifying certain fact.

	  For example
	  1) I have User status when inserted  set to value "1".
	  2) in the modify in a rule block i m changing this  to "5".
	  3)Now i have a flow where i have a wait which waits this user
status is not value "1".
	     After the rule is fired ans the status is changed to false,
in the next step i am checking this status of user status in an XOR
split constraints
	    but i still get the status in the constraint as "1". I have
got no clues whts going on. I tried printing this value in the getting
the objects using classobjectfilter and then specyfing the class again,
the value is still shown as "1". I am very much confused about this. Is
this some effect of Shadow facts.
	  awaiting your response.

	Regards
	Vikram Pancholi