[rules-users] How to associate Actors to one Swimlane ?

Kris Verlaenen kris.verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Mon Feb 2 11:26:41 EST 2009

Christiano,

Take a look at http://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/job/drools/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/trunk/target/docs/drools-flow/html/ch09.html for more information about human tasks and swimlanes in general.

So a swimlane can be used to assign human tasks to the same actor.  Actors are uniquely identified by the actorId.  Drools Flow itself does not interpret that id, it will just pass the value to your task management component of choice.  If you use our WS-HumanTask-based implementation, we require that all valid actor ids are registered at the task service (using the addUser method).  So in that case the actorId you use in your process should exist in the task service, otherwise you will get an error when trying to create the task.

Not sure what you mean by the owner of a process.  If your process has a concept of owner of that specific process instance (which not all processes have), you could for example model that as a variable "owner" and assign the owner a value when starting the process?

Kris