[rules-users] re:Shadow Facts

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Sun Feb 15 13:42:01 EST 2009

   I am not sure what we are missing, but we must be missing something.

   The test I mentioned is here:

http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/labs/labs/jbossrules/trunk/drools-compiler/src/test/java/org/drools/integrationtests/MiscTest.java

    Can you send me a test case with your scenario so that I can debug it?

    On an unrelated comment, it should cause you no problems, but you are
still using the "old" API. We are recommending user to move to the new API
so that we can find any missing method/requirement in the new API, as you
did with the dynamic flag.

    []s
    Edson

2009/2/15 J Michael Dean <mdean77 at comcast.net>

> Sorry - in previous email forgot to include the following code, as the NPE
> occurs when this routine is called at the addPackage call.
>

> private void readDRLintoPackage(String rulesFile) throwsDroolsParserException, IOException, Exception {
> Reader source = new InputStreamReader(RulesEngine.class
> .getResourceAsStream("/" + rulesFile));
> PackageBuilder builder = new PackageBuilder();
> builder.addPackageFromDrl(source);
> Package pkg = builder.getPackage();
> rules = RuleBaseFactory.newRuleBase();
> rules.addPackage(pkg);