[rules-users] Drools Flow Trigger process by ruleset

Garrett Conaty garrett at conaty.net
Fri Feb 27 20:51:06 EST 2009

I've seen in the latest docs on trunk that it's possible to set some
constraints on a start node so that a process would execute when the
appropriate rules matched.

However I can't see an example of this, nor can I edit the properties
through the Eclipse UI.

Is it possible to define a condition under which the process will
execute and then have the process start when the rule matches.  Is
this done external to the rule file or can it be done on the rulefile
itself?  I could see a few ways of doing this and am looking for some
guidance towards the correct (read as easiest for biz users) method.

1) Kick off a process that the first node after the start is a
ruleflow group  (serving basically as a gate)

2) Deploy a rule that when it matches starts up the process (separate
rule file and separate ruleflow file)

3) Define a start condition in the rule file and deploy the process.
Then whenever the rule matches, a process instance is started.

Personally I like #3 and the docs seem to imply it's possible, but I
can't see how.

Thanks,
Garrett