[rules-users] Performance on Rule Removal

dgtester david_g_tester at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 1 05:49:03 EST 2009

Hi all,

I'm new to this list, but I have a question about the performance costs of
removing a rule. I know that if I have, for example, 100 rules that there is
an API to remove just one of them. However, what I don't know is how
efficient it is to do this. Does removing just one rule clear out all of the
existing inferences and then recompute the working memory from scratch
(perhaps by recompiling the remaining 99 rules)? Or, alternatively, does
Drools have some efficient way of just removing that one rule along with
only the specific items that were inferred using it? Does anyone know?

Thanks,
David