[rules-users] How to write rules that can skip checking some constraint (i.e. "or" inside the rule)

Maxim Veksler maxim.veksler at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 09:12:23 EST 2009

Hello List,

I'm trying to express a list of channels the subscriber is allowed to
access, this splits into 2 possible flows :
1. Subscriber has X>0 in $enabledChannels, allow passing only for
these channels.
2. Subscriber has "null" in the $enabledChannels - In that case
continue because this check is not required.

I'm trying to express this in the constraint node in like this, which
does not work

		$subscriber : DynaSubscriber(
			adsEnabled == true,
			$optoutStr : optoutStr,

			enabledChannels contains $channelId // Make sure subscriber is
"service registered" for this channel.
/*PROBLEM::::*/		or enabledChannels == null
			)

I would like to be able to say, If  enabledChannels is marked (In any
way you would suggest) as "empty" don't check this constraint node.

How can I do this?
I'm using Drools3, but if feasible solution is presented in the form
of Drools4, 5 please kindly let me know this information.

Thank you,
Maxim.
--
Cheers,