[rules-users] Drools 5 Accumulate Function

Steven Williams stevearoonie at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 20:03:31 EST 2009

Hi all,

I am converting over to Drools 5 and have run into a problem with
AccumulateFunction. I changed my classes to implement
org.drools.runtime.rule.AccumulateFunction however this causes the
ClassCastException below:

au.com.promedicus.rules.MaxPriceAccumulateFunction cannot be cast to
org.drools.base.accumulators.AccumulateFunction
    at
org.drools.compiler.PackageBuilderConfiguration.getAccumulateFunction(PackageBuilderConfiguration.java:489)
    at
org.drools.rule.builder.dialect.java.JavaAccumulateBuilder.build(JavaAccumulateBuilder.java:108)

My guess is this is a bug. For now I will just go back to implementing
org.drools.base.accumulators.AccumulateFunction.

cheers
Steve

--
Steven Williams

Supervising Consultant

Object Consulting
Office: 8615 4500 Mob: 0439 898 668 Fax: 8615 4501
steven.williams at objectconsulting.com.au
www.objectconsulting.com.au

consulting | development | training | support
our experience makes the difference