[rules-users] Regarding BRMS

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Mon Jan 19 12:35:49 EST 2009

   Let me think... since we gave you the answer to your question already,
and after that you came back with an excellent description of the problem
("it is not working"), not to mention your apparent will of investigating
further, looking at the logs, docs, archives, etc, I do have a few
suggestions:

* did you checked if there are any gnomes around your computer? They are
probably sabotaging you...
* is your computer in the same room as your microwave? there may be
interference...
* did you tried that on a sunny day? on rainy days you never know...

   Well, if nothing of the above works, you may try buying training,
development support or consultancy. In any of these cases I am sure the
professionals, having access to your logs and test environment may either
teach you or do it for you (for the right price, of course).

   []s
   Edson

2009/1/19 Ashish Soni <ashish.usoni at gmail.com>

> I tried the suggestion of keeping reference of the object  but it is not
> working , Please let me know if there is way to do that.
>
> Regards,
> Ashish
>

> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Edson Tirelli <tirelli at post.com> wrote:
>

>>     6 days ago we had this very same question and a thread discussing the
>>
>> http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/rules-users/2009-January/007529.html
>>
>>    Please use the mail list archive.
>>
>>     []s
>>     Edson
>>
>> 2009/1/18 Ashish Soni <ashish.usoni at gmail.com>
>>
>>> Hi Mark ,
>>> I am evaluating Drools BRMS for our upcoming projects and have below
>>> questions it would be great if you can help ..
>>> I have created a rules package using BRMS and then trying to execute
>>> rules using below code can you please let me know how i can see the modified
>>> object back.
>>>
>>> The Rules is very simple as if the name of the customer is "Ashish' then
>>> set the phone to some value as given in the rule .
>>>

>>> public static void main(String[] args) {
>>>
>>>         Properties properties = new Properties();
>>>         try {
>>>             properties.load(new
>>> FileInputStream("C:\\Dev\\MyTest\\src\\com\\mytest\\MyRules.properties"));
>>>         } catch (IOException e) {
>>>         }
>>>
>>>         RuleAgent ruleAgent = RuleAgent.newRuleAgent(properties);
>>>         RuleBase rb = ruleAgent.getRuleBase();
>>>         StatefulSession session = rb.newStatefulSession();
>>>         session.addEventListener( new DebugAgendaEventListener() );
>>>         session.addEventListener( new DebugWorkingMemoryEventListener()
>>> );
>>>         WorkingMemoryFileLogger logger = new WorkingMemoryFileLogger(
>>> session );
>>>         Customer customer = new Customer();
>>>         customer.setName("Ashish");
>>>         logger.setFileName(
>>> "C:\\Dev\\MyTest\\src\\com\\mytest\\helloworld.txt" );
>>>         session.insert(customer);
>>>         session.fireAllRules();
>>>
>>>         logger.writeToDisk();
>>>         session.dispose();