[rules-users] Drools, Grails, and default packages for domain objects

CK chrisckc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 13:11:00 EST 2009

If I understand you correctly, this is a Java runtime restriction.

Java classes in the default package can reference any class in a named
package.  Other the other hand, classes in a named package cannot
reference any class in a default package.  Classes in a default
package can reference other classes in a default package.

Thus, the easiest way normally to deal with this problem is to either
(1) put everything in a named package, including any grails classes/
domain objects/etc or (2) put everything in a default package.  I'd
suggest that you go with option 1 because it'll give you fewer problems.

But I'm not sure if that's the question you're asking or if this helps
you.  Hopefully, it does. :)