[rules-users] KnowledgeBuilderConfiguration

Steven Williams stevearoonie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 18:05:55 EST 2009

Hi guys,

It's no biggy but I was wondering whether KnowledgeBuilderConfiguration will
get an addAccumulateFunction method, similar to PackageBuilderConfiguration?
In our project we use Spring to configure Drools, which means we have a
Map<String, Class> available for accumulate functions, so we could
previously do:

config.addAccumulateFunction(entry.getKey(), entry.getValue());

Now with KnowledgeBuilderConfiguration we had to change the Map to
Map<String, String> and do the following:

config.setProperty("drools.accumulate.function." + entry.getKey(),
entry.getValue());

which seems like a retrograde step.

--
Steven Williams

Supervising Consultant

Object Consulting
Office: 8615 4500 Mob: 0439 898 668 Fax: 8615 4501
steven.williams at objectconsulting.com.au
www.objectconsulting.com.au

consulting | development | training | support
our experience makes the difference