[rules-users] Run a set of rules in a group B from a rule inagroup A

Anstis, Michael (M.) manstis1 at ford.com
Wed Jan 21 09:33:52 EST 2009

Rules that are not in any explicit user-defined Agenda Group belong
implicitly to the MAIN Agenda Group which is the last Agenda Group to
trigger activations when all others have completed. Provided ALL of your
rules belong to an explicit Agenda Group you should be able to
setFocus(...) to Group A on the WM before fireAllRules() which would
then setFocus(...) to Group B in the RHS causing this other group to
activate. As no rules are in MAIN then they will not activate by
default. Have a read about Agenda Groups in the docs. Last time I looked
in the source I believe this is how RuleFlow is (was) implemented.