[rules-users] Drools Community Clinic Feb 4th 5PM GMT

Darren Hartford dhartford at ghsinc.com
Fri Jan 23 09:02:53 EST 2009

One discussion that might be helpful for those that are evaluating
Drools (or rather, rule engines in general) is talking about items like:

1) What steps to take to convert an existing application to instead use
Drools (and the benefits/gains).  Specifically, what parts of some type
of sample application would be better handled in Drools rather than raw
java code, and what should be left as-is (with emphasis on change
management/quick change support gains when swapping to Drools).

2) Starting a new application, how to start the application creation
process to get the most benefit out of Drools (from requirements
gathering -> implementation -> deployed and now need to make other
changes).

I know those sound too much like business stuff than geeky stuff, but
sometimes the geek in us wants to hand-code everything and we need some
good guidance/real-world hands-on reasoning for a better approach.

My two coppers,
-D