[rules-users] Drools Community Clinic Feb 4th 5PM GMT

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Fri Jan 23 10:13:25 EST 2009

Costello, Robert wrote:
> I like this idea.
>
> My need is to have the ability to get things up and running fast.  My
> out of box experience with Guvnor was very positive.  I'd like to know
> how to repeat that using the Execution Server in conjunction with
> Guvnor.  Perhaps having a pre-built generica Java object for the
> knowledge-base-request.  Of course, by the time this clinic comes up, I
> should have all that figured out, but I would be willing to bet there
> will be more eloquent ways of doing it.

Drools-server, which currently only uses rest, is still quite basic with
no remote management features. All it can do is poll Guvnor for changes
and update it's rules accordingly. As mentioned previously we will focus
on 5.1/5.2 for strong remote management and service deployment. Of
course everyone in the community is welcome to help out, and we can get
a hell of a lot more done :)