[rules-users] Drools Flows on web systems?

Cristiano Gavião cvgaviao at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 11:45:16 EST 2009

Hi drools people,

I came from a long desktop-swing development history, and I always
used statefull connections for everything :-). Now, I have to
adventure myself on a web app and I'm learning drools, seam or grails
for that.

With swing examples I could understand well how to use drools...  I
got some tests working well.... But now Im getting some difficult to
understand some concepts with web development. But I'll get there some
day :)

I would like to hear from you people about some things on drools that
I couldn't figure out yet.

Suppose that I have a long process with sub-process and lots of
activities. some of this activities should run automatically by the
system and some activated by human hands (by some forms to fill, some
decision to take, etc). A really workflow.... And I want to track
every step on this process and who is the people doing the human
tasks.... This is a job for Drools Flows, right?

What should be the best approach to take for using drools flows on
this kind of system??? Should I use Drools Server or Guvnor or both
for that job?

And about drools sessions, should I always use Stateless sessions with
those servers?

How could I persist the long process flow instances on a web system?

And about processes scopes, for example, one global variable
declarared in a dsl, used by some rule that is running on different
process instances, they share same value?

Can I have a kind of callback like the on PetStore example that came
with stateless sessions?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions