[rules-users] Cannot load Dialect..

Kiran Narasareddy kiran.narasareddy at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 02:42:48 EST 2009

Hi,
    I am a drools 4.0.7 user.
   I am working on a drools project. The code works fine when I run it as a
standalone application in Eclipse(all the rules fire as required)
However , when I deploy the same code as a web service on Axis2, I get as
exception as follows :-

*     org.drools.RuntimeDroolsException: Unable to load dialect
'org.drools.rule.builder.dialect.mvel.MVELDialectConfiguration:mvel'*

I have included all the necessary Libraries in the archive file( .aar) of my
service. Still it is giving me a exception .
The exception occurs when I try to compile my Decision table in the
following line of code...
   final SpreadsheetCompiler *converter* = new SpreadsheetCompiler();
   final String drl1 = converter.compile( excelFile, InputType.XLS );

....The SpreadsheetCompiler object i.e. *converter*  is created while the
web service is running ie itz not null. hence i think the drools library is
accesible to the service..

Can please anyone help me out here....
Thanks in advance...

Kiran Narasareddy
Computers make very fast, very accurate mistakes.