[rules-users] Help on writing drl in excel file

David Sinclair dsinclair at chariotsolutions.com
Tue Jan 27 10:10:37 EST 2009

Why are you writing it using Drools? Will you also have a lot of other rules
in your system? If the answer is no, you may want to go another route.

If the answer is yes, I would suggest contraining the No of purchase so
there are no overlapping ranges, i.e. No Pens Purchased >=10, >=5 < 10, and
>=2 and < 5. Also, have a summary or some other object that the LHS matches,
then the RHS of these rules updates to subtract the number required for a
free item.