[rules-users] Failover setup with BRMS

Michael Finger mfinger at overstock.com
Tue Jan 27 20:36:20 EST 2009

Hey everyone,
We're looking at putting the BRMS backed by an Oracle RBDMS into
production and the issue of failover has come up.

As things will move from QA into production using export/import,
clustering so someone's
work isn't lost if a server goes down isn't a big concern.
Ideally we would just like to put a load balancer in front of the BRMS
servers, point the rule agent
at the load balancer url, and be done with it. I've been trying to find
some info on how this word.

In particular, what happens if I import a new package into BRMS server
1. When would server 2 see the new package and server them out?  What
about existing packages that are updated? When would these changes
propagate?

Also, I noticed the following param in the rule agent config:

    *

      url

      This is a space separated list of URLs to the BRMS which is
      exposing the packages (see below for more details).

What is the expected behavior when you list multiple URLS?

Thanks,
Michael Finger
Overstock.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message is intended only for the use and review of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message solely to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify sender immediately by telephone or return email.  Thank you.