[rules-users] looking for more information on drools expert

Edson Tirelli tirelli at post.com
Thu Jul 16 09:34:15 EDT 2009

   Very good! :)

   Just FYI, in the case of accumulate, you could also use the collectList()
function to simplify your rule. This:

        $alarmList : LinkedList()
                        from accumulate (  ($e : Element(parentindex!=0) and
                                          $a : Alarm( origin matches
$e.name&& probablecause==45)),
                                          init( LinkedList alarmList = new
LinkedList();),
                                          action( alarmList.add($a);),
                                          reverse( alarmList.remove($a);),
                                          result( alarmList ) );
   Is the same as:

        $alarmList : List()
                        from accumulate (  ($e : Element(parentindex!=0) and
                                          $a : Alarm( origin matches
$e.name&& probablecause==45)),
                                          collectList( $a ) );

   Also, you can always implement your own functions for accumulate:

http://blog.athico.com/2009/06/how-to-implement-accumulate-functions.html

   Finally, I see you are using "matches" operator to compare equal strings.
Not sure if that is what you want, because "==" has different semantics and
better performance than "matches" if what you really want is compare
equality. Remember that in regexps, some characters have special meaning,
for instance, "." is a wildcard for any character. Meaning:

"abc" matches "a.c" -> true
"abc" == "a.c" -> false

   Cheers,
       Edson

2009/7/16 Gab Aldian <aldian.gp at gmail.com>

> After some more investigation, I managed also to make it work with
> collect: http://drools.pastebin.com/m14f0e329
>
> I would rather not multiplicate rules, because we probably will have
> dozens for our system which is very big and can supervise around a
> thousand equipements in some cases
>
> Thank you very much for the advices
>
> Aldian

 Edson Tirelli