[rules-users] How to get rid of the imports

FlaviusVesp flavius at email.cz
Mon Mar 9 05:37:13 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am currently developing a project with intensive usage of Drools. Users
should write their rules in DSL, but I want to not burden them with writing
the right "import com.sample.my.own.Class;", because they shouldn't know
anything about my classes. They should know only the DSL I provide them
(they should be psychology teachers and so on, not the IT folk).
One solution is to fully qualify every usage of the class in DSL, but this
isn't a nice solution, because it will bloat the mapping.
I could provide the the imports and globals file separately, merge them with
some rules file and then load it into drools, but this would probably break
the ability to debug the rules in Eclipse (well, I am even not sure how it
is possible, but it works).

Has anyone provided some solution coded in drools? I can't find it.

Thanks for any reply.