[rules-users] drools solver for 2d knapsack problem

Olaf Raether o.raether at epro.de
Fri May 8 07:05:20 EDT 2009

I think it´s more a knapsack problem. And the rectangles have to follow some
business rules,
so that´s the reason try to using solver. Here´s an image of the problem.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p23443994/2dknapsack.jpg 2dknapsack.jpg

The big rectangle is the load area of a truck und the small ones are racks.
And i have to
put them on the truck. And the Business rules come into the play, cause the
racks can only
mounted in a special manner on the track.

Any hint is welcome