[rules-users] Upgrade to Drools 5 - loss of performance

Scott Reed sreed at avacoda.com
Thu May 28 11:18:43 EDT 2009

I just upgraded our app from Drools 4 to 5 libraries. We just use the
rules engine with DRL. The performance of the engine on our rulebase is
unacceptably slow.  I assume there is something we need to do to our
rules or the way we are configuring the engine to fix this. I don't see
anything in the release notes about backwards compatibility issues. I
would very much appreciate it if someone would direct me to any
documentation that explains what needs to be done so our 4.0 rules
perform at least as well as they did before the upgrade?
Thanks,
  Scott