[rules-users] Rule flow skip ruleSet node.

Kris Verlaenen kris.verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Tue Nov 3 05:58:55 EST 2009

Re-initialize is simply not an option.  The rule engine is written so
that it knows when to re-evaluate certain constraints.  Re-initializing
would mean re-evaluting all rules, and considering you could have a huge
amount of data, that could be very inefficient.

The ruleflow-group does not change anything about how a rule engine
behaves normally.  It simply makes sure that, if you have a
rule-flowgroup specified, those rules will only execute if that
ruleflow-group is active.

But, as I said, simply calling update(fact) after leaving the
ruleflow-group would trigger a re-initialization as you call it, but
then only for the constraints related to the fact in question.

Kris