[rules-users] ProcessInstanceInfo.processInstanceId null with MySQL / Tomcat

Barry K barry.knapp at railinc.com
Tue Nov 3 16:04:14 EST 2009

Hello,

I am having an issue with persisting the Stateful Session in MySQL and
hopefully someone can help.  I'll try and return the favor in the future.
:-)

I am running the following environment
Drools 5.1M1   (Stateful Rule Session with Persistence)
Tomcat 6
MySQL 5

When I run with a unit test the statefulsession is persisted correctly to
the MySQL database, but when I run in Tomcat I get a NullPointer because the
ProcessInstanceInfo.processInstanceId is null.

It appears that the tag  @GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.AUTO) is
not working for me when connecting to MySQL through a Tomcat pooled
connection.

The unit test is using a PoolingDataSource while Tomcat is using a resource
in Context.xml.

Has anyone seen a similar issue or can provide a direction for me to look?

Thanks for any help,
Barry