[rules-users] Java interfaces and Buvnor jar model

Libor Nenadál libor.nenadal at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 10:03:26 EST 2009

Hello,
I failed to find some more in-depth documentation for objects that are
supported in Guvnor jar model but it seems that only instantiable beans are
supported now. It would be more practical to support also interfaces.

Here is the example I am trying to resolve:
For database access I use JPA annotated class. I want to work with it in the
Guvnor but also do not want to include JPA classes that the annotated class
imports. So I thought of declaring an interface that is uploaded to Guvnor
and JPA class would implement it. That it unfortunately not possible.
I can only create model bean that is uploaded to Guvnor and the JPA class
that extends the model bean. Is there any other elegant solution to this?

Thank you!
Libor Nenadál