[rules-users] Suppressing reciprocal matches

Edson Tirelli ed.tirelli at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 09:33:36 EST 2009

   Yap, that or, in case you want to do it automatically for ALL your rules,
you could use:

KnowledgeBaseConfiguration conf = ...
conf.setOption( RemoveIdentitiesOption.YES );

   Javadocs:

http://downloads.jboss.com/drools/docs/5.0.1.26597.FINAL/apidocs/org/drools/KnowledgeBaseConfiguration.html
http://downloads.jboss.com/drools/docs/5.0.1.26597.FINAL/apidocs/org/drools/conf/RemoveIdentitiesOption.html

   Edson

2009/11/6 Mark Proctor <mproctor at codehaus.org>

> D Brock wrote:
> > I have defined the following rule to detect when duplicate objects (in
> this
> > example, Widgets) exist.  This always produces two matches, and therefore
> > two messages.  I understand why this occurs, but I would like for only
> one
> > message to be reported.  I cannot retract one of the widgets after a
> match
> > b/c all are needed for additional rules matching.  Is the a conventional
> way
> > for accomplishing the elimination of the reciprocal match?
> >
> > rule "Do not allow duplicate widgets"
> >       when
> >               $w : Widget( $name : name )
> >               Widget( this != $w, name == $name )
> >       then
> >               System.out.println( "Duplicate widgets found with name =  "
> + $name );
> > end
> >
> We are looking into a new conditional element that can achieve this. The
> idea is when you use this CE, it ensures only a single permutation will
> be propagated. In the meantime you can probably try something like:
>
> $w : Widget( $name : name )
>     Widget( this != $w, hashCode < $w.hashCode, name == $name )

 Edson Tirelli
 JBoss Drools Core Development
 JBoss by Red Hat @ www.jboss.com