[rules-users] ConcurrentModificationException during runtime at org.drools.reteoo.ClassObjectTypeConf.getMatchingObjectTypes

karthizap karthizap at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 16:11:05 EST 2009

I am using Drools-core.jar(version-5.0.0.CR1) and getting the following
exception. I could see similar stacktrace reported with
JIRA-1888(https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBRULES-1888) and its marked as
closed. Fix related to this Jira is not available (Rete.java) in the Drools
5.0.1  and 5.1.0 source code/drools-core jar files.

public void readExternal(ObjectInput in) throws IOException,
                                            ClassNotFoundException {
        entryPoints = Collections.synchronizedMap((Map<EntryPoint,
EntryPointNode>) in.readObject());
        ruleBase = ((DroolsObjectInputStream)in).getRuleBase();
        super.readExternal( in );
    }

	at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(HashMap.java:841)
	at java.util.HashMap$ValueIterator.next(HashMap.java:871)
	at
org.drools.reteoo.ClassObjectTypeConf.getMatchingObjectTypes(ClassObjectTypeConf.java:171)
	at
org.drools.reteoo.ClassObjectTypeConf.getObjectTypeNodes(ClassObjectTypeConf.java:163)
	at org.drools.reteoo.EntryPointNode.assertObject(EntryPointNode.java:143)
	at
org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.insert(AbstractWorkingMemory.java:1066)
	at
org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.insert(AbstractWorkingMemory.java:1022)
	at
org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.insert(AbstractWorkingMemory.java:810)

Please let me know the correct fix for this problem.