[rules-users] Guvnor Integration and Deployment

Andrew Waterman andrew.waterman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 15:07:34 EST 2009

Hi All,

I've got a question about Guvnor integration into a build process.
I'm thinking that if I develop my rules within Guvnor; I can integrate
them into my unit testing part of my build process via a downloaded,
compiled package from Guvnor.  My KnowledgeBase would be initialized
from this PKG file for local unit tests.  Upon deployment of my
application to the server (an EAR file), I would then be able to use
two types of integration tests:

1.  External integration tests for the full application that have
rules loaded from the Guvnor production server.
2.  Guvnor scenario based tests.

So far, so good.

I have a few questions , though.  I would like to put a reference to
the Guvnor WAR in my EAR file and have it simultaneously deployed with
my application.  Of course, I would want to deploy my localized
package there as well, so I could use it at runtime.

Are there any suggestions on how to deploy an existing package into
Guvnor in a programmatic (maven-centric) fashion?

Is this the right approach to take for using Guvnor in a deployment
process?

Is there a way to remotely trigger Guvnor testing scenarios from the
build process?

best wishes,

Andrew
Andrew Waterman
San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico